We're Married!


We're Married!, originally uploaded by lemonjenny.

So, we did it! Everything was beautiful, and lovely and we had a blast. Everything did not go as planned, it was actually a totally crazy day... but it all turned out perfect all the same.

It was beautiful, sunny, and BLAZING hot (sweating, majorly) - and then about 1/2 hour before the ceremony, an isolated raincloud isolated itself right over our ceremony spot!!! At first I was freaking out, but then I looked around, and saw how refreshed and cool and happy everyone was, and realized it was BEAUTIFUL. It was just a sprinkle - too light to be called rain - but I pulled out an umbrella anyway to stand under while I waited for the ceremony to begin. The temperature dropped a few degrees to a perfect 85-90 degrees.

Once the ceremony began, I ditched the umbrella, and down the aisle we went.

It was really amazing, because the song I walked down to was called "Brighter than Sunshine" and the lyrics go... "Let the rain fall, I don't care, I'm yours and certainly your mine, and it's brighter than sunshine..."

It was absolutely cinematic and everyone was crying! It was awesome.

Once we were both at the Altar, the sprinkling got a bit heavier, and we brought the umbrella back. Our reverand (Geoff) held it above us. It was actually really cute.

Tons more pictures on our website.

[#16 in Explore for 7/8/07!]

Uploaded by lemonjenny