Rose Madhatter - Bridal Cake


Rose Madhatter, originally uploaded by Rouvelee's Creations.

Did this 3 tier madhatter at work for window display, the recent Melbourne Bridal Expo, and a photo shoot. All cake, in chocolate mud, and covered with white fondant. Won't probably last for the window display, but will still figure out how to do a madhatter in styro :)

Design on the top and bottom tier was inspired by a rose pattern from a bridal dress. Pattern was piped in royal icing and sprinkled with sugar for texture. Middle tier is wrapped with a fondant band and finished off with an abstract bow and a large ribbon rose, all of which were dusted with pearl luster dust. Piped pearls in royal icing finishes off each base of the tiers.

Okay, all you madhatter gurus can look away now. I actually made a mistake when I did this...ooops...I know AM won't be pleased, hehehe. I was doing other tasks as well as doing the madhatter, that I acutally forgot to do the 'wedge' for the 2nd and top tier. I did them like how I did the bottom tier, arrgh! Too late when I realized it, so I just kept going. Oh well, that'll teach me to focus and concentrate, hehehe.

Uploaded by Rouvelee's Creations on 8 Feb 09, 11.40PM PST.